North Angelo Branch Renovation Project
North Angelo Branch Library has been a part of the San Angelo community since 1975. The building currently occupies less than 3000 sq ft. We like to think of it as the cozy branch.
Situated at the corner of N. Chadbourne and 30th Street, North Branch is a vital point-of-access for the Lake View and Grape Creek communities, providing print and digital materials, CDs, DVDs, Wi-Fi, Interlibrary Loan services, computer access, and peripheral access (print/fax/copy/scan), as well as hosting weekly children's events, a monthly book club, and more.
We are currently asking for donations to renovate our entire building. The sooner we meet our goal, the sooner we can begin a process that is long overdue, in updating this cornerstone of the Northside!
Please consider donating to our renovation project at any TGC Library location, or via the SAAF Special Project website.
Renovating will achieve several goals:
- Enlarging physical area by approximately 1200 sq ft.
- Expanding computer and mobile access
- Increasing seating and charging ports
- Creating a multi-purpose area serving as a story-room, laptop lab, and study room
- Bringing the building into ADA compliance in key areas, like the restrooms
- Maximizing floor space for patron usage, while maintaining a pleasant user-friendly atmosphere
- Improving signage inside and out
- Making improvements to the entire space: replacing old furniture and shelving, updating the layout
- Minimizing noise by shifting the bookdrop to a workroom and creating a place for staff to take phone calls