We can help
The Tom Green County Public Library offers the following technological services for patrons:
- Free public Wi-Fi (connect to LibPublic - no password is required)
- Public computers with Internet access and Microsoft Office
- Black & White and Color
- Printing from library PC's
- Wireless Printing from personal devices (smart phones, tablets, and laptops)
- Black & White and Color
- Double Sided Copies
- Enlarge and Reduce
- Faxing (Stephens Central and North Branch only)
Staff is available to assist with these services.
All three library locations have public computers available for use, free of charge.
- Enter the library card barcode number (no spaces).
- Non-cardholders may obtain a guest pass from the desk.
- Maximum number of sessions per day: 2
- Maximum length per session: 120 minutes
Extensions are given at the library's discretion.
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
- Adobe Reader for PDF files
- Paint.NET for image editing
- Microsoft Office 2016
All three locations have printing services available, both black & white and color, on 8.5" x 11" letter size paper and 8.5" x 14" legal size paper.
Patrons may send jobs from a library computer or can use wireless printing from a personal device such as a smart phone, tablet, or laptop.
- Black & White: $0.05 per page
- Color: $0.25 per page
- Cash only
The vending machines will give change. They accept the following denominations only:
Patrons must consult the desk for print jobs totaling more than $5.00.
All three branches have copiers that can make photocopies in black & white and color on 8.5" x 11" letter size paper and 8.5" x 14" legal size paper. The copiers can make double-sided copies and can enlarge or reduce.
- Black & White: $0.15 per side
- Color: $0.35 per side
Cash, Debit, or Credit
For cash payment, the machines will give change and accept the following denominations only:
For debit and credit, the copier vending machines may charge a $5.00 preauthorization fee. That fee will be refunded according to the policies of the bank that issued the card, usually in 1-3 days. Any questions about this preauthorization fee should be directed with the bank, as the library does not have any information concerning this.
A fax machine is available on the first floor of the Stephens Central Library and at North Branch.
US, Canada, and Caribbean Phone #'s
- 1st Page: $1.75
- Each Additional Page: $1.00
Other International Phone #'s
- 1st Page: $3.95
- Each Additional Page: $3.45
Debit or credit cards only.
In addition, Stephens Central Library has, on the second floor, a Library Document Station for scanning services that includes faxing capability. For more information on that service, check out the Scanner service listed below.
Scan to USB
West and North branches offer free scanning to a USB drive. Ask staff for assistance.
Stephens Central Library has a Library Document Station on the second floor that provides the following services for free:
- Scan to Email
- Scan to USB drive
- Scan to Google Drive
- Scan to Smartphone or Tablet using a QR code
In addition, the Library Document Station offers the following services for a fee:
- Scan and Print ($0.05 per page for Black & White and $0.25 per page for Color)
- Faxing ($1.00 per page)
The machines will give change and accept the following denominations only: