Effective August 23, 2022, fines will no longer be assessed for overdue library materials. Once items are more than 28 days beyond the renewal date, they will be considered lost and replacement cost will be assessed. Up to 50 total items may be checked out at the same time on one library account. This does not include downloadable books.
To checkout physical items, a patron must have a Full-Access Library Card that has had a proof of mailing address provided to the library. Internet Only cards cannot check out physical library items. For more information, view the library card page.
- A maximum of 50 books may be checked out at the same time.
- Books check out for 3 weeks.
- Book may be renewed up to 2 times.
- A maximum of 10 CD items may be checked out at the same time.
- CD items may be checked out for 3 weeks.
- CD items may be renewed up to 2 times.
- A maximum of 5 DVDs may be checked out at the same time.
- DVD items may be checked out for 7 days.
- DVD items may be renewed up to 2 times.
- A hotspot user must have a signed agreement form on file before checking out a hotspot.
- One hotspot may be checked out per patron.
- Hotspots check out for 2 weeks.
- Hotspots may not be renewed.
- Hotspots can only be checked out by the card holder. A second person with possession of the card cannot check out a hotspot.
- A maximum of 2 board games may be checked out at the same time.
- Board games may be checked out for 2 weeks.
- Board game items may be renewed 1 time.
- Board games must be returned to STEAM Central. There is a $10.00 fine for an improper return in the book drop or at a library branch.
Electronic Books and Streaming Movies
- Overdrive allows a maximum of 10 ebook and eaudiobooks to be checked out at the same time.
- Overdrive items may be checked out for 2 weeks.
- Overdrive provides unlimited access to electronic magazines.
- All valid library cards are eligible for checking out Overdrive materials.
- Overdrive items are automatically returned when due.
- Kanopy allows a maximum of 7 streaming video selections to be viewed per month.
- An unlimited number of items from the Kanopy Kids database can be viewed each month.
- To have Kanopy access, a full-access library card (proof of mailing address provided) is required.
- Kanopy videos are automatically returned when due.