The Library welcomes members of the community to volunteer their time and talents to enrich and expand library services. Submit your application to Amy Dennis at Stephens Central.
Advocate for the library by letting your County Commissioners and other legislators know the importance of the library to you, your family, and your community.
Monetary gifts for general library support, specific programs or branches, and material purchases are welcome. The community's generosity greatly enhances the library services and materials.
For general library support:
This is a gift of cash for general program support. Donors may designate the gift for a specific library branch or system-wide support. The Library Director will determine the best uses of these funds. Donors do not specify how funds will be used.
For specific program support:
This is a gift of cash for specific program support, excluding books and materials for the collection, covered below. Donors may designate the gift for a specific branch library or they may designate the gift for a specific program purpose. Donors must specify how they want the funds used.
For books and other materials for the collection:
This is a gift of cash made specifically for the purpose of buying books and other library materials (e.g.., CDs, DVDs, periodicals, etc.) for the collection. Donors may designate the gift for a specific branch library or they may designate the gift for general use. Donors may also specify whether the gift is for adult materials or children/youth materials. Donors of $25 or more may request that bookplates acknowledging their gifts be affixed to books whose purchase was made possible by their gifts.
- Gifts of over $1,000 that restrict the library's use of funds are to be accompanied by a letter to the Library Director requesting the acceptance of funds for restricted use and must be authorized by the Library Director prior to deposit or expenditure.
- While the Library welcomes gifts designating funds for one or more areas in the collection, designating funds for specific titles cannot be accommodated.
- Gifts of money will be acknowledged with a letter to the donor.
- If the gift was in honor of or a memorial to a specific individual, a letter will also be sent to the individual or the individual’s family acknowledging the gift.
To make a monetary donation to the library, fill out the Monetary Donation Form and mail your donation along with the completed form to Stephens Central Library, 33 West Beauregard, San Angelo, TX 76903 or drop off your form and donation at any branch library.
The Tom Green County Library sincerely appreciates your donated materials. Items not added to the collection will go to the Friends of the Library, a support organization, to be sold in the bookstore or annual sale. Due to the volume of donations we receive, we ask that you consider the following guidelines before bringing items to the library:
- Bring items to the back loading dock Monday through Friday 9 am – 4 pm
- donate books, DVDs, CDs, record albums, games, and puzzles in good condition
- donate items in secure boxes and bags
- request a donation acknowledgment form
- be prepared to unload donations from your vehicle
Please Do Not:
- donate items in poor condition
- donate Reader’s Digest Condensed Books, magazines, or textbooks four years or older
- bring items in containers you wish to get back
- ask staff to appraise donated items
- ask staff to unload donations from your vehicle