Located on the 2nd Floor of the Stephens Central Library
33 West Beauregard
San Angelo, Texas 76903
Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Saturday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The Tom Green County Law Library serves the legal research needs of the Tom Green County legal community and the general public. The Law Library collections are for in-house use only and not available to be checked out. However, we carry a number of self-help legal guides on a variety of topics that are searchable in our online catalog and are available to check out.
The library staff does not have any formal legal training and cannot:
- · give legal advice;
- · advise you as to how the law might apply to a particular situation;
- · interpret legal materials, statutes, cases, or regulations;
- · state opinions on legal issues;
- · choose language for legal documents;
- · select legal forms for you or aid in filling them out;
- · answer lengthy legal research questions over the phone; or
- · recommend specific attorneys or law firms to you.
What the library staff can do is direct you to the materials that may be helpful in finding your answers; and we may also refer you to other sources or agencies which might be able to help. Staff can also provide patrons assistance by directing them to topical print materials, sections, and subject headings that might be helpful in answering a particular question.